A One Piece RP. Unleash your freeform roleplaying potential!

2 posters

That Two-Step!

Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

That Two-Step! Empty That Two-Step!

Post by Sen Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Tu-du~♪
    Dun-dun~♪
    Tu-tu~♪

Music could be heard throughout the vicinity. It was a pleasant day in the Two-Step Town. The clouds had begun to rumble throughout the mid-dark sky. It wouldn't take long for rain happen in any moment. Eneas sat on a bench outside of the Tipton Hotel. He looked up at the northern blue sky with melancholy. It was exactly on a day like this when his Nemea got destroyed by that beast. He could see patches of the tragic event flash before him as he gazed upon the sky. "Oh, well. There isn't much I can't get done thinking about my past. A drink would be nice about now. Since it's going to rain soon I might as well go to this so-called Beat's Disco," he thought to himself as he stood up.

He stood up and started walking throughout the town past a crowd of people who were vibing to the music that could be heard in the background. What's up with people around here? Seems like everyone is happily drunk and dancing. He followed the direction where the music was coming from. Signs throughout the town gave the understanding that he was heading the right way towards the Beat's Disco. After a few minutes of walking, he reached his destination, in front of him was a big sign that read Beat's Disco on it. The bass vibrations of the music could be felt as he got in line to enter the Disco.  He didn't like waiting but he had no other choice. There was three people of ahead of him.

Last edited by Katakuri on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

That Two-Step! Empty Re: That Two-Step!

Post by Dunn Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:15 pm

After paying the highway robbery that was the mooring fee at the docks Enjolras lets the Bowie and headed across the city toward Beat's Disco where he was supposed to meet his contact Long Limbs Louise for some sort of job. Two-step was as crowded as would be expected the youth tended to flock to placed with overly repetitive music and over priced booze, and their was no where in the blue where the music was an formulaic and the booze flowed are freely. The troupe had made a yearly stop here to see about taking in some of the free flowing money from the drunk patrons so Enjolras had a pretty good idea of the major players and layout of the major clubs. He also had tried to keep at least a few of the more useful staff at the various clubs but to grease the wheel as he might need and he would defiantly need it.

The crowd was clearly drunk and seemed to be bobbing along amateurishly to the rhythm and as a means to blend in Enjolras mimics the sway but to the careful observer his movements were far to trained for the average street walker as if every one of it movements had an extra part. Reached the club and saw that their was a small line, instead of waiting in it he walked right up to the bouncer who was gratefully one of this contacts at this establishment. He was a large shark fishman by the name of Reggie. With extra boisterousness Enjolras approached as if greeting an old friend making quite the spectacle of himself "Reggie my man long time no see how is you fishy ass been." He then used a handshake that was a sort of code to other bar and club workers meaning "i am one of you give me passage". Reggie looked down at his list and said "yeah Red coat here you are at bottom of the list go ahead and head in" lifting the velvet rope and checking his head as a sign to go in.
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Post by Sen Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:16 pm

Whilst in the line this one individual approached the bouncer of Beat's Disco. The blonde male seemed to have had what one would consider V.I.P status at Beat's Disco. The bouncer had let him in instantly. "Must be nice to have that kind of access to such places," Eneas thought to himself. He was up next to enter the disco. The bulky shark fishman patted him down to make sure he didn't have anything lethal which would pose a harm inside the club. Weapons and the like were confiscated at the entrance and held for x person. Thankfully Eneas didn't have any of those. With the martial arts he knew, he was already a walking weapon.

"Let the dancing competition begin!"

"Anyone willing to challenge our undefeated dancer MJ is willing to try"

The announcer of a dancing event could be heard upon entering the disco. Eneas didn't really care for dancing. His eyes were set at the nearby bar which he saw. It was elegant. The bartender of the disco had an extravagant setup. Like a kid seeing candy strolled directly to the bar. Alcohoooolllllllllllllll!!!! Beeerrrrr! Yesssss!!!! His eyes bulged out outward with an image of a beer mug. What could you say... The man was an alcoholic warrior after all. He sat gently on the bar stool, waved at the bartender, and said, "I'll have a beer of your finest draft that you have available." The bartender was swift, "Say no more," he grabbed a mug juggled it in the air and filled it up with the finest draft beer they had available and slid it smoothly towards Eneas. "Why thank you kind sir!" Eneas shouted happily while giving the bartender beri for the beer and a little tip of extra beri on the side.

As usual, a drunk is always curious of his surroundings. Meanwhile, he took sips of his beer he looked around. The people seemed very overbeat. There was couples dancing.  Occasionally he'd find himself bobbing his head cause the music was relaxing. That MJ was no joke at dancing. Eneas was pretty entertained as of yet.

Last edited by Katakuri on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:32 am; edited 3 times in total
    Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

Post by Dunn Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Enjolras looked about it had been several years since he had been in here but it looked much the same overly load and rhythmic music with a beat that even the least coordinated could find after a few drinks, Not his scene but a job was a job and he had a job here. He approached the bartender who asked what they could get him Enjolras gave his code phrase "I would like to buy a drink but I lack the coin." understanding crossing the bartenders face they gave the counter phrase "then what gifts do you have to offer" Enjolras gave his last response "Only the song in my lips and heart" the bartender nodded and said "right this way sir" and lead him into a back room.

The room was nicer then the club it was attached to furnished in a much more classic style dark rich leathers on the chairs and books deep intricate wood grain on the desk. It was obviously sound-proofed as deep base of the song disappeared as soon as the door closed it was a more Enjolras' seen . As he entered a high nasally voice called out "so you have finally arrived, what took you so long I left the drop a week ago" the chair then rotated revealing "Long limbs" Louise a rather monstrous looking member of the long arms tribe and matriarch of the Linguine Gang.

Why pizza's had a mafia was beyond him, he was just the delivery boy. He had never actually looked at the what he was delivering so far so but he suspected that it was not actually pizza. Shaking himself out of the day dream he replied "the last job did not go as smoothly as it should have the patrols seem to have increased. Still have no idea why this island has pizza blockades what to i care i am getting paid, so do you have the next assignment"

She motioned to one of her goons who brought over one of the cases he had come to call a "pizza box" it was oddly heavy as always. "This one should be simple we just need you to leave this in the office managers office at the Tap Tap Mall and as usual make sure no one sees you do it. Now get out you money will be at the usual drop" Enjolras knew his cue and left out the door he entered into the club hold a very conspicuous box
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Post by Sen Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:32 pm

Eneas took a quick glance. A yellow-haired individual showed up at the bar. This guy was distinct from the rest of the people inside Beat's Disco. He seemed to have had some type of unique connection with the bartender of the bar. Even though the music was loud one would have to raise their tone of voice to actually be heard in the mix of all this. Eneas wasn't the type to eavesdrop on one's conversation but it was pretty audible to his ears.

Bartender wrote:"right this way sir"

Seconds after this was said, Eneas turned towards their direction only to see no one there anymore. It seems that the bartender led the yellow-haired individual to a hidden place. The man was gone for quite a minute or so. Then all of a sudden he appeared again. Walking out of conspicuously out of this hidden entrance from within the bar accompanied by the bartender. There was definitely something going on here. The man who didn't have anything in his possession when he walked in now possessed to what seemed to have been a box of some sort.

"I'm curious as to what this guy is up to," he said to himself finishing his beer at hand. He placed it at the bar counter. Then stood up slowly from his stool. Luckily he had this yellow-haired individual on the radar with his left eye. Eneas could see nothing from his right eye as he was left blind due to an incident in the past. Let me see what he is up to. He started to walk haphazardly throughout the dancing crowds as the man walked away from the bar area of Beat's Disco.

Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

Post by Dunn Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:18 pm

As Enjolras scanned the room to check for anyone that may have noticed him and the box exiting the back office it was dark and most of the attendants who would have had a clear view were those standing at the bar and of those almost all were either busy trying to get the bartenders attention or too drunk to remember seeing him in the first place accept one the was a man with a massive scar running down left side of his face and it was hard to tell as their eyes only met for a moment but the left eye seemed to to entirely white and potentially blind.

Enjolras looked away quickly that man would be tough customer and he seemed to be keeping his hit about him enough that he was likely a professional. Enjolras used his peripherals to to keep an eye on the man his only advantage would be his wiles as if it came to blows direct confrontation would be his undoing.

Tapping out a quick rhythm on the lid of the box with his thumb Enjolras began to formulate a plan, if it turned out the scarred man was a bounty hunter or a with the marines he would have to use his pistols to get some distract the man for long enough for Enjolras to make a run out the back and lose him among a crowd but for now Enjolras would guess he had about an hour to kill before the mall closed and he could start casing to infiltrate and deliver his pizza. This would be so much easier if he had a partner to divide the rent-a-cops attentions on to two front. "C'est la vie" He muttered to himself before snaking a bottle from an unattended VIP booth.
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Post by Sen Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Curiosity definitely killed. Not much was going on with the yellow-haired individual. He seemed to have caught onto Enea's presence. Slowly but surely, Eneas gained the courage to approach this yellow-haired individual. It was not that he was afraid it was simply the matter of not knowing the guy at all. He wasn't the type of person to approach anyone unless it peaked his interest. Which in this case this mysterious man did.

Before even getting near the individual he accidentally tripped on a stairway. This did not just happen?!. He had fallen on to his knees. This was definitely embarrassing. A drop of sweat could be seen coming down his head as he stood back up in embarrassment. It was most evident that this yellow-haired man saw him trip as well. However, this did not stop him. He got near the yellow-haired man, "Hello. I see you are like some type of celebrity here at the Beat's Disco. I wasn't trying to stalk you or anything but the way the bartender took care of you seemed like some high-end VIP service if I may say," he said rubbing his head with his left hand.

Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

Post by Dunn Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Out of the corner of his eye Enjolras saw that the scarred man had left his spot at the bar and was making a b-line in Enjolras' direction he seemed to be moving relatively quickly. Enjolras made sure not to make any threatening motions but mimicked a sway and a fall into a sitting position in the near by booth. This allowed him to put a hand on his holsters gun in case the man wanted to rumble.

Still watching him Enjolras saw as he tripped on the stair and fell to his knees. The Laugh almost escaped his lips however he was able to stifle at it source before it could properly form. He reminded himself that it could be a disarming ploy and readied himself to draw if the need arose. The man got up and made the final few step announcing his reason for coming over as thinking Enjolras was some sort of big shot. He laughed internally, If only this guy knew how wrong he was. But Enjolras knew and opportunity when he saw one.

"Yeah I guess I am a bit of a big deal around here" he said sliding deeper into the booth "if your interested in becoming one yourself then I might have a job offer for you, it a simple one all you need to do it come with me to deliver this Pizza" he said pointing at the ornate pizza box in the corner "come sit and chat"
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Post by Sen Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:02 pm

And there you go! That was one of the cons of being destitute of vision from one eye. The obscurity of Beat's Disco accompanied with its fancy ostentatious lights didn't help the cause either. What could you say? It wasn't like a simple trip was going to shatter his ego.

"Yeah I guess I am a bit of a big deal around here"

"Ah, no wonder. Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. The name is Constantinou, Eneas! You can call me Eneas or En for short," he responded in a respectful manner place his hand back to its regular posture after giving his head a good scratch.

"if your interested in becoming one yourself then I might have a job offer for you, it a simple one all you need to do it come with me to deliver this Pizza"

"come sit and chat"

"Becoming one? Delivering a pizza?" he questioned himself in thought. He stared at the box the yellow-haired man carried briefly. "Is that what's really inside that box?! To have come out a covert bar location with just a pizza sounds off. Anyway, enough playing detective here Eneas.. let's get on with the act," he thought to himself once more. "Yeah, sure I'll go accompany you," Eneas responded to the yellow-haired man's offer with diligence. "So, where to?" he questioned the man.

[OOC: Let the action begin. Feel free to make NPCs spawn etc etc. This sounds like its going to get fun.]
    Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

Post by Dunn Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:58 pm

The man was taken a back by the idea that a pizza delivery would get him VIP access Enjolras had been the same way, the Money had been good so he kept doing it He was unsure how any of it made any sense but that question had long since ceased to be relevant. He had so far been able to stay ahead of who ever was trying to stop him so, who ever it was obviously was not very skilled. Turning to the new ally

"well my new white haired friend we need to take a trip to the mall. How are you at subterfuge? I doubt very much that we will need to do much in the way of direct combat but I hope you can hold you own."

Suddenly the Enjolras heard shouting and gun shot from the main entrance the music stop as the sound of a struggle and then screams as the crowded club started to panic. The music stopped and the lights went up as the club contingency plans when into effect. Two assailant ran down the stair wearing ponchos and large rounded wrap around hats they seemed to each have some sort of odd fire arm and a bandoleer cover in a series of what looked liked Burritos.

They started yelling out something in a language Enjolras did not understand but he did catch the words Linguine familia and pizza box, they must be after the box he thought to himself. He ducked down in the booth and motioned to the white hair man to make a run for the dj booth on his signal "Things are about to get dicey, follow my lead and just remember not matter what fight with the beat.. I will explain better later"
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Post by Sen Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:07 am

"well my new white haired friend we need to take a trip to the mall. How are you at subterfuge? I doubt very much that we will need to do much in the way of direct combat but I hope you can hold you own."

Eneas stared at the yellow-haired man in a curious manner. "Okay, so... I just literally told him my name and yet he hasn't even mentioned his thus far. Talk about rude," he thought to himself for a brief moment. The man had given Eneas a straight-to-the-point response. Eneas kinda got the idea that this guy probably didn't want to reveal his name most likely due to a probable cause of some sort. He didn't mind this at all. Then again, if things were to go sour he knew he could defend himself none of the less. "I haven't been to a mall in ages. Subterfuge? I haven't had to escape from anywhere since I was a child when my island was destroyed. I mean if its combat were talking about I don't mind it at all. I definitely can hold my own. But if by all means, our objective is just to deliver pizza and avoid conflict I'll try my best to abide by it," he responded with a smile full of confidence.

The atmosphere within Beat's Disco had changed dramatically in a matter of seconds. There were people yelling near the ingress of the building. It didn't take long afterward for a gunshot to accompany the altercation of the event which was taking place right there. The music took a halt.  Once he heard the gunshot Eneas immediately flipped a nearby sturdy bar table with his left leg. The table round end of the table faced the direction of where the gunshot was heard. He immediately crouched down and rose his head a bit above the table height to see what was going on. There wasn't really that much to see only a heap load of party animals running about in fear throughout the club. Some hid beneath tables while others stood standing in shock like sitting ducks waiting to get killed easily.

After a few seconds, he was able to identify the threats of the club. It was two individuals. They were dressed in a fashion similar to those from Mexigo in the South Blue. It was obvious they were up to no good and desperately looking for someone or something. He turned his head toward the yellow-haired man who made hand gestures for them to run towards the DJ booth.

"Things are about to get dicey, follow my lead and just remember not matter what fight with the beat.. I will explain better later"

Eneas nodded in response. He picked up a glass bottle of alcohol on the floor nearby him and tossed it a glass-like disco globe atop of the ceiling a few feet away from their direction.

CRRRCHHHZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

The sound of glass would catch everyone's attention as it shattered and pieces of it fell throughout the area below it. This was a mere distraction for Eneas and the yellow-haired man to make it to the DJ booth successfully. Which they eventually did. He didn't quite understand what the guy meant about fighting with the beat. He hoped he was playing his cards right thus far. Whatever was going to happen next Eneas was surely ready and braced for it as he stood at bay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:58 pm