A One Piece RP. Unleash your freeform roleplaying potential!

+2
Sen
Goat
6 posters

Callie Spy

Goat
    Goat

Callie Spy Empty Callie Spy

Post by Goat Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:57 am

Account Name: Goat

Basic Info

Name: Callie Spy
    Nickname: Cal
    Race: Human
    Affiliation: Pirate
    Bounty: 0
    Achievements:
    Profession:

• Inventor
      An Inventor is a man or woman with knowledge in how various mechanical devices work. They have good insight in how blueprints work, and can upgrade weapons, build gadgets and battle engines if they have enough materials. Inventors gain the ability to create explosives that they may use in battle and the AoE of their explosive techniques will have the effect costs of the tier below with short AoE being free. Inventors have access to certain additional traits.
    • Martial Artist
      A Martial Artist is someone who specializes in hand-to-hand combat, completely or very close to unarmed. They usually have good insight in the aspects of weight, balance and movement of the body.

Position: Demolitions Expert
    Crew: The Mock Pirates

Appearance

Height: 5 Ft 4
    Weight: 9 St 3
    Hair: Callie has long pale blue hair, swept across her forehead and slightly curly
    Eyes: Dark brown
    Clothing/Accessories: Callie being the inventing type tends to wear clothing that she doesn't mind getting a little messy. Her typical outfit consists of a pair of denim overalls, with a greying white crop top beneath it. Her skin is often accented with bandages or grease. She keeps a red sports band in her hair at all times to keep it out of her eyes too. On her feet she wears large boots, nearly knee high and black in colour.

General Appearance: Callie is neither skinny nor fat, muscular or... Skinny. Instead, she falls pretty much perfectly into average build, her skin snowy white and mostly unmarked. The few blemishes on her skin come from the freckles on her cheeks, and the scars which cover most of both her arms appearing to be from burns and tearing. Her bust is present but not to excessive levels. She has a fairly rounded nose, small mouth and ears, and rather large eyes in comparison. If not for her attire, she wouldn't look much like the fighter/inventor which she is.

Spoiler:

Background

Personality: Callie is a hardworking woman, one in love with building and fighting to the point of only really doing those two things. Sleep is for the weak, eating is for the untrained and rest is for the faint of heart. Despite the rather stern exterior thanks to her way of life, she is actually rather lighthearted and creative, enjoying the intricacies of any contraption she comes across or creates, as well as various social interactions.

However she does harbour negative emotions of course, with a strong distaste for marines as a whole. Her need for freedom outweighs her wish to remain on the right side of the law, and when it good company can easily get carried away with either punching or showing off some of her neat contraptions.

In the rare moments which Callie isn't found punching something or hammering someone, she can be found enjoying food and having a laugh with people. She can be a little judgemental at times, but overall will be happy to spend time with whatever good company she can find. If they build or fight, even better.

Hometown: Loguetown, East Blue
    History: Callie doesn't have the most interesting of backstories compared to those that she has run into over the years, but she has one she likes to think is rather devoted. Born into a poor family, she grew up eating less food than she would have liked, remaining malnourished for many of her earlier years. It wasn't until she reached the age of five that she had matured just enough to begin to think and express her innate creativity.

Countless pencils, scraps of paper and various items from the house later, her parents began to recognise her interest in constructing things. At the same time she had begun to attend school, and had shown a competitive and rather violent streak with other children, getting into various fights and throwing punches without having been witness to such actions before. It appeared to be almost natural to her.

By the time the young girl reached her teen years, she had developed into quite the character, proving a handful to her teachers and the local scrapyard which she'd been raiding for several years. Her plans with what she found were almost always excessive and near impossible, but that didn't stop her. In fact, she managed to get her hands on quite a lot of things she shouldn't have, including ex-pirate equipment which had been thrown out by the marines which had captured the original owners. One such item was a capsule, filled with gunpowder.

Another few years had passed and somehow Callie managed to make it through school, nearly getting expelled multiple times thanks to throwing a few too many punches, or that time she set fire to the science lab. In her own time she'd been working with metal and contraptions, now having actually managed to create a few of her basic projects, including a makeshift explosive and a launcher for such a device. On one day she decided to try out her inventions in the scrapyard, however after a small miscalculation the contraption backfired, jamming when it was meant to fire and causing the teen to get caught up in the explosion. Her arms with pelted with metal and flame alike, licking and biting at the skin and sending her flying backwards into unconsciousness.

A few years had passed since then, her arms scarred but still very much functioning through sheer luck. However, they weren't what they used to be, and she found herself struggling to throw the punches she'd previously been able to. Instead, she'd decided to work on a new project, that being braces for her legs alongside large boots. She'd also found a way to both sell her inventions to provide money for herself and her parents, alongside her sister who had been born recently. However, she'd also found a way to harness the explosions she'd once caused chaos with, mixing her two enjoyments together.

At the age of 22 she decided to set out to sea, the marines having warned her multiple times for use of explosives and dangerous weapons, and overall just limiting her growth. She planned to go find some people to spend her time sailing about with, and a way to get herself some new materials to experiment and build with, and of course people to fight.

Inventory and Abilities

Combat: Due to her injured arms, Callie fight instead with her legs. Quick yet powerful kicks are utilised to throw her opponents as well as deal large damage. The power of her attacks is improved drastically when used in conjunction with her leg braces which are capable of setting off her explosive devices at her opponent when enough force is applied.
    Weaponry: Legplates: Callie has a pair of iron legplates for use in combat
    Items:
    Beli: 350,000
    SD Earned: 30
    Stat Points: 62
    Advancement Points: 0
    SD Remaining: 0
    Stats:

1. Used for Stats: 62
    2. Used for Fortune: 0

• Strength: 16
    • Speed: 15
    • Stamina: 16
    • Accuracy: 15
    • Fortune: 15

Traits: Random Devil Fruit (2 General Traits)
    By selecting the option of receiving a Random Devil Fruit (RDF) the character automatically use up two of their general traits towards the random devil fruit they receive Upon rolling A Tier 3 Or Tier 2 Fruit however the Cost becomes 3 traits.

Fate of the Whimsical (1 Traits) - By placing traits in Fated, you lock them until the next time you earn a trait. You may put as many traits as you have into fated. Unlike the other Fate traits, these place-holder traits may be cashed-in and replaced with other traits without having to reach the next trait mark.

Profession Traits: Critical Hit (1 Trait) – Through training in pressure points and learning how to hit vital points in the body, the character can use up to a quarter of their Technique Points in techniques which hit vital points in the body. Striking vital points allows characters to do damage and cause a stat debuff related to the area struck.

Devil Fruit wrote:Devil Fruit Name: Kami Kami no mi
    Devil Fruit Type: Paramecia
    Devil Fruit Ability: This devil fruit grants the consumer the ability to completely control their hair whether it be the length, hardness or even the movement.

Techniques

Regular Technique Points: 30
    Used Regular Technique Points: 4
    Special Technique Points: 0
    Used Special Technique Points: 0

Devil Fruit Techniques

Power Hair 4
    Type: Defensive
    Range: Self
    Power: 0
    Stats: N/A
    Description: Callie's hair is now as sturdy as iron (Starter Tier Material)

Development History

Gains/Losses:
    Gains and losses:
    Edit Log:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Goat on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:17 am; edited 8 times in total
    Dante
    Dante
    十一番隊

十一番隊

Callie Spy Empty Re: Callie Spy

Post by Dante Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Rolling ~

Kami Kami no Mi [Hair Hair Fruit] T5

Last edited by Dante on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Post by Sen Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:40 pm

The member 'Dante' has done the following action : Dices roll

'RDF' : 17
    Goat
    Goat

Post by Goat Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Added it to my sheet, thanks for the roll :)
    Tenken
    Tenken

Post by Tenken Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Alright, let's have a look shall we?

• Not sure if it's just me or there's no picture but you'll need to add 2-3 more sentences of appearance either way, describing her face and hair and the like a bit more. Pictures break so we need a few more details in this regards.

• The Legplates can only be constructed of Iron at this moment, starting items are material limited to Iron.

• Your stats are way too high, you should only have a total stat amount of 62 at this point (32 starting + 30 earned) but your stats add up to 82 which is wrong. Please reduce the overall total stats by 20 and the resultant fortune and technique points and technique ranks as well.

• Until the stats have been adjusted I can't critique the techniques so I will wait until then.
    Goat
    Goat

Post by Goat Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:52 am

Thanks, I've fixed all of those. How much for an upgrade on the legplates to the next tier?
    Acrean
    Acrean

Post by Acrean Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:49 pm

It'd be about Currency 800,000 for steel leg-plates that can cause explosions when you kick, assuming the explosions use some type of fuel (which it seems they do).

Now I got some bad news for you.

That's the minimum price for your leg plates, period. Starter-tier stuff can't be used for fuel-based explosive attacks like that.

If you just wanted steel leg-plates, they would be Currency 400,000. I don't think anybody would have a problem with you giving up your starter equipment and beli to get regular steel leg-plates, and then upgrading them when you got another 400,000 to add in the explosive effect.

Also, please move Scrapper Mastery underneath the Profession Traits section. We need to keep them separate so it's easier to keep track of what traits have been spent on general traits, and what were spent on professional traits.
    Goat
    Goat

Post by Goat Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 am

Moved the professional trait

As for the explosives, I was assuming that I could use my inventor primary to channel them from a special tool. If I were using grenades I'd throw it, I'm essentially just keeping a hold of it and expelling it instead. (Also, is the inability to use starter tier items for explosives listed in the rules somewhere, I'm struggling to find it)

To clarify, these legplates cannot explode on their own, they require techs to do so which is what a grenade is, which is why I'm confused about it all. Thankyou for your replies nonetheless
    Acrean
    Acrean

Post by Acrean Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 am

Can you also remove the italicized part of Martial Artist? As your secondary, you don't have access to those perks.

But you raise a good point with the Inventor Primary perk. I'll ask someone higher-up about it, and whether that perk overrides the Beli and material requirements. When I find out, I'll edit this post, unless they comment here directly.

Also, the reason you can't find the info on this is that it isn't publicly available yet. Staff are still finalizing that area of the system, but it's very nearly done now, to the point that we are using it when pricing things even though it hasn't been publicly released.

EDIT: Okay, answer acquired from the admins.

Like many other systems, the Profession perks are being changed. Part of the reason is because of situations like this one. So for now, we have to ask you to wait on the item.

I suggest going with just iron leg-plates for now, which you can start with freely, and saving the rest of your Beli. You'll be able to make changes later when the new systems are finalized and pushed out for everyone to use (we'll all have to make changes at that time anyway).
    Goat
    Goat

Post by Goat Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:47 am

Removed the explosives from the tech and item, italics have been removed
    Acrean
    Acrean

Post by Acrean Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks, and sorry about that. Site's still in alpha at the moment, so things are still in development.

Upon looking over your profile again, I see that you've got 2 techniques at rank 8. Unfortunately with a fortune of 15, your maximum rank is 7 (since it would be 7.5, and we round down here).

Furthermore, the trait you took boosts the "benchmark" of the technique, but not the actual power of the technique itself. If you go over to the Techniques page and CTRL+F for benchmark, you'll see it appears only twice, both in the same section. This will explain what the benchmarks are. But essentially, it means you have access to the next "tier" of techniques quicker - it doesn't impact the actual rank though, and thus does not impact power.

This means that when you have a rank of 7 after adjusting, you won't be able to have effects like Displacement, as you'd need 8 power minimum. You could however get around this by using that trait you put in Fated in a stat-booster, which will boost your stats enough to bump fortune up and grant you access to this level of technique. Alternatively you could simply wait to get a bit more SD and hit fortune 16. Either way, your technique Power will go off of the actual rank of the technique.

(Don't give up! This profile's definitely close to done!)
    Goat
    Goat

Post by Goat Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:25 am

Removed techs, replaced mastery with Crit Hit (not making techs for it yet)

As for mastery, would that not make it a completely null trait? If everything runs off of power instead of rank, then you won't be able to access anything sooner anyway (for example, Elemental Damage requires rank 14, but also is a 14 power effect. There are maybe only 2 or 3 effects which this might change). Additionally, the rules seem to imply it runs off of technique rank instead of power right now "The sum of all Technique Effects should never exceed the technique Rank." but I assume this is one of the changes you have planned, which is why I mentioned Mastery and how it would be inefficient in this state.

Anyways, thankyou again, it should hopefully all be ok now.
    Acrean
    Acrean

Post by Acrean Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:32 pm

The only thing I see left to tweak is Combat Style, where it still mentions the explosives in the leg plates. However, given that this is really just a description and is where you intend to take the character anyway, I don't mind if you keep it written that way, especially since it'll just be changed later anyway.

As for the trait - it does let you unlock certain benefits, but generally not effects, that is true. And while I am enforcing this because of the way it's written, that's not to say I actually agree with it. But as you are aware, it's all in the process of being changed.

Anyway - you've got my 1/2.
    Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

Post by Dunn Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:28 pm

evereything seems fine

2/2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content