A One Piece RP. Unleash your freeform roleplaying potential!

3 posters

Artio; Werewolf Bouncer

Das Kirb
    Das Kirb

Artio; Werewolf Bouncer Empty Artio; Werewolf Bouncer

Post by Das Kirb Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:27 pm

Account Name: Das Kirb

Basic Info

Name: Artio
    Nickname: Arty
    Race: Human
    Affiliation: Bounty Hunter
    Threat: N/A
    Achievements: N/A
    Profession: Martial Artist/Merchant
    Position: Sellsword

Appearance

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 153lbs
    Hair: Redhead with roughly shoulder-blade length. Often kept back in a ponytail.
    Eyes: Yellow.
    Clothing/Accessories - wheres a simple black tanktop. Blue-jean shorts cut off at the upper calf cover her bottom and is suspended by a simple brown leather belt. Tan leather calve high boots protect her feet.
    General Appearance: Artio's muscle structure is very well defined, clearly displayed when she's tensed. A few scars line her thigh, hands, arms, and midsection. Her shoulders are a bit broader than normal with large muscle structures supporting her arms. Her chest is a modest C cup but shows signs of definition here as well. On a final note, unlike most women she has rather dark hair along her arms, down her lower belly, and along her shins. It's thin, but clearly visible.
    Spoiler:

Background

Personality: Artio tends to be more cold towards strangers than most others. Once warming up she'll take on a more jovial persona, often treating people like a type of surrogate family. Once she has accepted you as one of her kin she'll cut off her right arm to help you.

Due to her position as a tough in past jobs Artio tends to adopt an aggressive stance and imposing voice. She walks with her chest puffed and her shoulders back. Often she'll keep her axe nearby as an intimidation tactic to avoid conflict.

If a fight seems inevitable she'll offer a final warning before aiming to overwhelm targets with relentless attacks. She'll make every effort to avoid showing pain and instead tank through blows in an effort to demoralize her opponents as well. Same with fatigue from prolonged scuffs.

Despite the tough-guy act Artio is a massive lover of most animals and various games. She's more than willing to drop her guard for a good boy doggo, or for a game of chess. Often this leads to her acting childish or completely dorky unintentionally.

Hometown: Two Step
    History: "I was born into a life of hardship. My mother was a whore that worked a block away. The club was nicer than some so she made decent money and was relatively safe. My father was the bouncer of that club and a damn good one at that. Few people tried anything when a man stands nearly eight feet tall and sounds like a stick of dynamite every time he shouts. The massive hammer he kept nearby didn't hurt none either.

Despite all this, money was tight fairly often. People knew my mother and father were an item. Even though he never made a fuss about her work, they still steered clear unless they had his go ahead. Suited mom just fine. Kept the scuzzy ones off her and the rest paid well when they came around. Dad also had some side jobs. He'd leave for a week or two at a time, bout every other month, and come home with new cuts and scars and a fat sack of cash. Most of that went to bills but least it kept the lights on.

While growing mom taught me how to read people. Taught me which ones had money and which ones wanted yours. She also taught me out to talk them up and employ my "womanly charms". Musta not been a good student cause I never did get good with men like she was. Took after my father more there. All the same by me. Never had interest in men.

Dad taught me other things. How to defend myself and know when to run. How to handle a blade and where to put it if someone got stupid. Even taught me how to take a punch. Granted, that was more because he always was too strong and couldn't hold back as much as he thought. Didn't try to hurt me none, but toughened my scrawny ass up for damn sure.

When I turned eighteen I got a job at one of the clubs. Hostess. Really I was a pair of tits with the drinks but most girls are around here. After a few nights of drunken ass holes doing stupid I got into some fights. After that they decided I'd be better guarding the girls. Free drinks and a pay bump, sounded good to me. Even got me a nice axe for my twenty-first birthday. Mom and dad worked on it together. Said it fit me, and they were right.

A couple years later I decided I'd had enough of the club life. Wanted to go and see what I could find. Turns out I made a pretty good ship guard. Got a job guarding a passing frigate hauling some shit from town to another island for sale. Along the way we all got to gambling. Long days and nights with little to do. Few guys pulled out some cards and I humored them in some poker. Hell, got drunk enough one night to agree to a game of strip poker. Lost horribly that night. Good guys though. They stared and got their jollies sure, but no one made any moves. Hell, few of the girls stared too. That was nice.

One day captain comes out with a chest and a challenge. Says he wants to hold a tournament. Everyone starts with ten thousand beli and the last man standing wins the chest. Closed top so no one knew what was in it. Sat down and played. Mostly stayed quiet though till the competition thinned. I'll admit I kinda blundered my way into a win after that. Shoulda seen my last hand. Dude folds when holding two pair after I all in on an ace on the table and one in my hand. He laughed his ass off when he saw he'd been duped. Prize turned out to be pretty neat too. Some legendary fruit known as a Devil Fruit. No one knew shit about it so I just took the final gamble and dug in.

Few days later I realized what I had done. Camping outside town cause I was too lazy to come back after hunting. Glad I did too cause the moon was full. Pretty though it was I blacked out. Came too buck naked and covered in blood, a dead deer beside me. Still not sure what happened but you and I are the only ones who know about that now and I'd like to keep it that way. That leads me to us a few weeks later.

So that's my story so far. Bit of the short version but I'd rather not bore you too much. So what do ya say, officer? Can I get my shit and get outta here now?"

Inventory and Abilities

Combat: When battle is joined Artio has three distinct mindsets depending on the circumstances of the fight. Her first instinct is to analyze her surroundings and her targets, looking for weapons and potential advantage points. During this she's merely attempting to look as big and mean as she possibly can in hopes they back down.

Assuming it's her versus a single opponent with no one else she has to worry about she will typically use large overwhelming tactics. She'll create as much chaos and fear as she can. This is to create confusion and hopefully force them down. During this time she'll often come off as little more than a psychopathic killer.

Assuming she has a person or property to protect she'll place herself as a wall. She will rarely chase any targets, instead weathering most attacks and countering with heavy strikes. During this she'll make the most effort to appear immovable and unable to be knocked around/aside. Specifically if her charge is a person, she'll keep them at her right, just barely behind her so she can quickly grab them if needed.

Assuming she's against overwhelming odds or outnumbered she'll run. She'll find every narrow choke point and ally she can to follow twist and turns. Anything possible to trip up her opponent's she'll use. Cheap tactics were always in mind and used, but to an extreme degree.

There is a fourth mindset that is much more rare and only applies to intense stress. When exhausted, beaten to near breaking, or undergoing significant emotional trauma she'll surrender to something. A blood lust that burns in her chest. It'll swell like a volcanic explosion as she releases into a blood fueled frenzy of carnage with no regard to personal safety. All that matters is the massacre to come.

Equipment: Greataxe - 4' Ebony haft made with ergonomic grip for comfort at work supports 8lbs iron head. 10" cutting edge on one side is hammered thin and tempered hard for better attacks against opponents. Reverse side is a hardened iron 5" square hammer head with 1" spikes spaced across it.
    Beli: 350,000
    SD Earned: 30
    Stat Points: 62
    Advancement Points: 0
    SD Remaining: 0
    Stats:

1. Used for Stats: 62
    2. Used for Fortune: 0

• Strength: 20
    • Speed: 11
    • Stamina: 18
    • Accuracy: 13
    • Fortune: 15

Traits: Specific Devil Fruit (3 traits) - The character has consumed the Inu Inu ni Mo: Canis Lupis Columianus.

Profession Traits: Hardened Fighter (1 Trait) – Through excessive training in breaking planks, punching rocks, and all those durability-building exercises, the character’s arms, up to their elbows, and their legs, up to their knees, have gained flesh that is as hard as iron, making them much more resistant to physical damage.

Devil Fruit wrote:Inu Inu no Mi: Canis Lupis Columbianus
    Devil Fruit Type: Zoan
    Devil Fruit Ability: The Inu Inu no Mi: Canis Lupis Columianus is a Zoan-type Devil Fruit that allows its user to transform into a Columbian Wolf or hybrid of at will. This transformation grants hightened sense of hearing and smell, preditory teeth, as well as clawed hands and feet. A thick coat of fur aids against the cold as well.

Techniques

Regular Technique Points: 30
    Used Regular Technique Points: 0
    Special Technique Points: N/A
    Used Special Technique Points: N/A

Werewolf: Hybrid (7) Primary Zoan Signature
    Type: Zoan
    Range: Self
    Power:
    Stats: +2str, +3end, +2spd
    Description: Artio undergoes a rather painful looking transformation as her skeleton rearranges into that of a monster. Her mouth stretches into a large toothy snout and hair spreads all over her body, causing skin to slough away. She takes on the form of a large and very powerful, black coated, werewolf, a half human half wolf hybrid and more dangerous than both. Each each finger and tow holds a powerful slashing claw and her maw holds several large predatory teeth. Her nose gains a significant boost, able to detect faint scents from significantly further away. (8ft tall. 6ft on each arm. 3in claws.)

Werewolf: Full (4) Secondary
    Type: Zoan
    Range: Self
    Power:
    Stats: +1end, +3spd
    Description: Artio undergoes a grizzly transformation as her skeleton reconfigured itself. Her shoulders haunch over and her face extends. Fur grows all over her body, causing old skin to slough off. She stands on all fours as a wolf with midnight black coat. Her nose is especially sensitive, picking up trace scents from a significant distance. Her maw is lined with predatory teeth, creating an imposing display. (6' long, 3.5' tall. 190lbs)

Development History

Gains/Losses:
    Gains and losses:
    Edit Log:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Das Kirb on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:37 am; edited 5 times in total
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Artio; Werewolf Bouncer Empty Re: Artio; Werewolf Bouncer

Post by Sen Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:56 am

Before I start reviewing this aren't you going to claim your free SD/Beri? Here!

Also:

Zoan - Zoans have two base techniques: a "Full Transformation" form and a "Hybrid Transformation" form. A character may choose one of these techniques to act like a scaling Signature Technique and be absolutely free; and the other technique will have 4 Ranks for free and can have tp invested into it to raise the rank.

In addition, characters can create branched Zoan forms or different stand-alone forms starting at Rank 14 and beyond. These techniques will not only determine what animal characteristics the user will have while using the form, but also how much their stats can be buffed. Zoans may also access additional abilities according to animal type and invest technique points into these abilities with a cap of Rank 14.

Note: Your signature technique is always going to be maxed out. Look at my character application located on my signature for example.
    Das Kirb
    Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:35 am

Changes made
    • Event claimed.
    • SD spent.
    • Fortune adjusted.
    • Techs updated.
    • Added event into gain/losses tab.
    • Added a combat mentality.

Response
    Your first paragraph concerning Zoans was explained to me by Dunn and I had already created both techs and chosen a primary and secondary form. The second paragraph was partially explained, but not in relation to zoans. However, I've chosen to disregard techniques outside whats required for now. Low rank combined with brand new mentality has me wishing to approach this is sections, and I learn best by immersion and activity with a subject. I'll come across techs as I need too. Unless I'm required to now.
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Post by Sen Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:01 am

Looks solid. 1/2 Approval.

uchipop
    Dante
    Dante
    十一番隊

十一番隊